What You Can Do to Reduce Waste
Here are a few simple ideas you can follow to help reduce waste:
- Support APU’s recycling efforts (see the APU Recycling Guide (PDF)).
- Learn about Energy Conservation Tips for Offices (PDF).
- Learn how to Go Green in Your Dorm (PDF).
- Use both sides of your paper.
- Follow the 15-minute rule: If you are leaving your room for more than 15 minutes, turn the lights off.
- Keep your air conditioner set at 76 degrees or higher.
- Turn off your computer and monitor at the end of each day.
- Carpool or take alternative transportation when possible (see APU’s employee rideshare program).
- Ride your bike.
- Conserve water with shorter showers.
- Buy from and donate to thrift stores.
- Preserve our landfills by repairing items instead of replacing them.
- Use window blinds to reduce air conditioning demand.
The Azusa Pacific campus features numerous locations where members of the APU community can bring their recyclable white paper, mixed paper, and/or newspapers:
- 1899 Dining Hall
- Academic Service-Learning, Center for
- Academic Success Center
- Admissions North and South
- Alumni Engagement, Office of
- Commuter Life, Office of
- Facilities Management
- Help Desk
- International Students and Scholars
- Marshburn Library
- Ronald Building
- Student Government Association
- Student Health Center
- Student Life, Office of
- Student Post Office
- Undergraduate Enrollment Services Center
- Undergraduate Student Financial Services, Office of
- Warren Music Center
- Wilden Hall
- Wynn Academic Center
- Administration West
- Ahmanson Technology Center
- Alosta Center
- Athletics, Department of
- Azusa Print + Design
- Clinical Psychology, Department of
- Community Counseling Center
- Darling Library
- Education, School of
- Faculty Development, Office of
- Fletcher Jones Center
- Higher Education, Department of
- Leadership and Organizational Psychology, Department of
- Mail Services
- Nursing, School of
- Physical Therapy, Department of
- Segerstrom Science Center
- Stamps Library
- Theology Mail Room
- Theology, School of
- University Advancement, Office of
- Campus Store
- Warehouse Operations
Have More Ideas?
We want to hear from you. Forward your ideas on how to reduce waste to Toney Snyder at email@example.com.