Office of Campus Life
The Office of Campus Life offers purposeful student engagement opportunities to enrich the student experience at Azusa Pacific University.
Create meaningful experiences.
- Intentional Connection - Belonging grounds your pursuit towards who you are becoming
- Self-Development - Unlock and embrace your full potential
- Diverse Opportunities - An invitation to explore and discover your interests
The Office of Campus Life seeks to fulfill the above mission through the following:
- Alpha Program: Supporting students’ sense of belonging in their first year at APU through the Alpha Program orientation groups for first-year and transfer students.
- APUTWO (Second-Year Initiatives): Students experience many changes and critical decisions during this time (e.g., deciding on majors, changes in their living situations, changes in friend groups and community), and research shows that students’ second-year experience is critical to their persistence toward graduating college. The Office of Campus Life provides intentional programming efforts so all of our second-year students thrive during their time at APU and experience a sense of belonging.
- Campus Events: Campus-wide engagement opportunities to foster a sense of community.
- Campus Recreation: Coordinating physical and electronic sports throughout the academic year.
- Clubs and Organizations: Supporting student-managed groups, including performing arts clubs, social clubs, service organizations, academic clubs, honors societies, and club sports. Azusa Pacific University does not allow or recognize national social clubs, fraternities, or sororities.
- Transfer Connections: Assist transfer students at APU in finding the resources they need, making connections on campus, and getting involved. Our goal is for transfer students to experience a smooth transition into the community, feel a sense of belonging, and make the most of their time at APU.
The Office of Campus Life hosts Welcome Weekend at the beginning of each fall and spring semester to welcome new APU students, families, and their guests into the APU community. The goal of Welcome Weekend is to provide an experience that fosters a sense of belonging for new students, families, and guests through intentional programming centered on preparing each student for their time at Azusa Pacific University.