Guaranteed Admission Partnerships
Azusa Pacific University maintains a memorandum of understanding (MOU) with the school districts and private schools listed below. Azusa Pacific guarantees admittance and a minimum of $10,000 in institutional aid to students from the listed school districts and private schools who meet a set of minimum academic requirements.
In response to California Assembly Bill 104 and in support of incoming students whose high school academics may have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, Azusa Pacific University will accept pass/no pass grades in place of letter grades for students who were enrolled in high school during the 2020-21 school year. Our hope is to increase accessibility and make the admissions process smoother for students and their families during this season.
Note: Pass/no pass grades are acceptable only for general admission to Azusa Pacific University. Specific academic programs may require letter grades.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the academic requirements on the part of the student for admission to APU?
- Meet the standard admission requirements of APU
- Successful completion (grade of C or higher) of all A-G coursework.
- Achieve a minimum cumulative 10-12th grade weighted grade point average of 3.0 or higher
- Attain minimum SAT score of 990 or an ACT composite of 19
Other than academic requirements, what do students need for admission?
Complete the online application process as well as read and agree to the expectations given. APU is an evangelical, Christian community of disciples and scholars who seek to advance the Kingdom of God in the world through academic excellence, service, and discipleship. Students who are admitted must understand what characterizes the Christian community at APU, demonstrate support for the standards and spirit of the university, and exhibit moral character in harmony with its purpose.
What is the minimum financial aid package that will be awarded to admitted students who qualify for the MOU?
Admitted students who complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) will receive a minimum of $10,000 in institutional aid each year for four years of undergraduate studies.
Who should my high school counselor reach out to with questions about the MOU?
All high school guidance and career counselors can contact Undergraduate Admissions directly at (626) 812-3016 or [email protected].
Who is responsible for communicating the existence and terms of the MOU to students and families in my school district or private school?
Both parties, APU and the school district or private school, are responsible for working together to communicate this information to students and families.
Current Eligible School Districts
- Arcadia Unified School District
- Azusa Unified School District
- Baldwin Park Unified School District
- Bassett Unified School District
- Bonita Unified School District
- Chaffey Joint Union High School District
- Charter Oak Unified School District
- Chino Valley Unified School District
- Claremont Unified School District
- Corona-Norco Unified School District
- Covina-Valley Unified School District
- Duarte Unified School District
- Fontana Unified School District
- Glendora Unified School District
- Grossmont Union High School District
- Hesperia Unified School District
- Kern High School District
- Monrovia Unified School District
- Pasadena Unified School District
- Perris Union High School District
- Redlands Unified School District
- Rialto Unified School District
- Riverside Unified School District
- Rowland Unified School District
- Temple City Unified School District
- Upland Unified School District
- West Covina Unified School District
- Yucaipa-Calimesa Joint Unified School District
Current Eligible Private Schools
- Arrowhead Christian Academy
- Damien High School
- Firm Foundation Christian Academy
- Grace Brethen Schools
- Heritage Christian School
- Hillcrest Christian School
- King's Academy, The
- Maranatha High School
- Oaks Christian School
- Ontario Christian High School
- Pacific Bay Christian School
- Pomona Catholic High School
- Ramona Convent Secondary School
- Santa Fe Christian Schools
- Servite High School
- St. Anthony High School College Preparatory
- St. Lucy’s Priory High School
- Trinity Classical Academy
- United Christian Academy
- Village Christian School
- Western Christian High School
- Whittier Christian High School
- Valley Christian Schools