Freshman applicants are not required to have completed a specific set of courses; however the following college preparatory courses are strongly recommended:
- English (four years)
- Mathematics (including first- and second-year algebra and geometry)
- Science (two years, including a laboratory science)
- Foreign language (two years)
- United States history or government
- Strong academic electives
Academic capabilities, as well as involvement in church, school, and community activities, are considered in assessing the applicant's potential for success at the university. The application process is designed as a tool for making these assessments.
The following application requirements are for students currently enrolled in high school or who have earned fewer than 28 units of college credit following high school graduation.
- Application, Statement of Agreement with Institutional Policy, and Personal Statement (Apply Online)
The applicant is responsible for requesting that official transcripts1 be sent from the high school from which he/she graduated (or is currently attending) and each college he/she has attended to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.
Please download, print, and complete a Transcript Request Form (PDF) and mail it along with your official transcripts to:
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Preadmission Tests (optional)
All freshman applicants may submit scores from the ACT or SAT I. These tests are not required for admission.
Programs with Additional Requirements
Additional materials are required for nursing applicants. Refer to the BSN Admission page for further information. Deadline for freshman applicants is November 15.
College of the Arts Applicants
Additional materials are required for several majors in the College of the Arts. Applicants will be prompted to submit an online supplemental application, if required, via email. View more information about admission requirements on the various program admission pages on the College of the Arts site.
- Nursing Applicants
- Official transcripts are sealed by the high school or college and mailed directly or hand-carried to Azusa Pacific University. ↵