User Experience Design, MA
Study User Experience Design at Azusa Pacific University
You’ll gain a competitive advantage with a master’s degree in the fast-growing field of interactive design, as you learn to create high-impact user experiences that are cohesive, connective, and meaningful. Build your résumé and portfolio by working with real-world clients who are APU’s partners and learning from industry-connected faculty. You’ll graduate set apart in your ability to create accessible and aesthetically pleasing digital, service, or social-based products—a skill essential in every industry.
Program at a Glance
The School of Visual and Performing Arts develops students’ talents through rich artistic experiences and comprehensive training in their chosen artistic discipline.
- The MA in User Experience Design offers five entry points per year. You may enter the program at the start of any eight-week fall session (August or October) or spring session (January or March), or at the start of the summer session (May). Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed as they are completed for each term.
Cost per Unit
- Online: Low Residency at Orange County
Gain Hands-on Experience
- Respond to growing trends in areas like mobile, application, and web interface design.
- Integrate a Christian worldview with the role of design.
- Complete projects with real-world clients.
- Utilize your creative vision, technical skills, and human-centered research to achieve product delivery goals.
By the Numbers
The Master of Arts in User Experience Design is a 30-unit low-residency and online degree that prepares graduates for the fast-growing field of interactive design. Azusa Pacific’s user experience design, or UXD, program integrates a signature approach to human-centered design from an artistic perspective. Learn to manage creative and collaborative projects and to communicate effectively through design across a range of art, technology, commercial, and cultural domains.
Browse the tabs below—if you have questions, visit the Student Services Center page, and we’ll make sure you get the info you need.
The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
Applicants must possess:
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Grade-point average of 3.0 or above
Applicants must submit:
$45 nonrefundable application fee
Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s
bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all postbaccalaureate
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a lower GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Two recommendations submitted by professors or employers who have current knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and potential
- Résumé including the most relevant work and volunteer experience
- Personal statement
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Student Services Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The applicant is notified in writing of the admission decision.
Delivering high quality graduate programs takes a comprehensive support system. Your investment in an advanced degree includes a complete network of student services and access to a community of faculty and staff who partner with you in your pursuit of your UX design degree.
|Tuition (per unit)
|Base Program Cost
All stated financial information is subject to change. Contact the Student Services Center at (626) 815-2020 for more information.
Several types of financial aid are available to graduate students. The resources range from federal loans and state grants to, for some graduate programs, fellowships and scholarships. For details about financial aid available for your program, please contact the Student Services Center at (626) 815-2020.
Military members—and in some cases their spouses and dependents—qualify for financial assistance covering tuition, housing, and books. Azusa Pacific is a Yellow Ribbon University and Military Friendly School, so you can be confident that you’ll receive the benefits and flexibility you need to complete your education.
To view specific requirements and coursework information, visit the current academic catalog:
If you have questions, we’re here to help! Connect with a representative who can walk you through the program details and application process.
Additional Program Contacts
School of Visual and Performing Arts
(626) 815-6000, Ext. 5298
Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Student Services Center
- Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
- The Art and Design programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
Career Outlooks and Outcomes
A UX Design Degree Will Help You Meet Needs During a Crisis and Beyond
One way you can help solve problems that impact people is through a UX design degree, like APU’s Master of Arts in User Experience Design.