Cheryl McKay Price, M.A.
Adjunct Professor, Department of Cinematic Arts
Cheryl McKay (screenwriter) has been a professional writer since 1997. McKay wrote the screenplay for feature film The Ultimate Gift, starring James Garner, Brian Dennehy, and Abigail Breslin (distributed by FOX). The Ultimate Gift won a Crystal Heart Award at the Heartland Film Festival, received three Movieguide nominations, and was named one of the Camie Awards’ Ten Best Family Films of 2007. Additional feature film screenplay credits include Indivisible (2018) and Extraordinary (2017). Among other projects McKay has written are: Gigi: God’s Little Princess, Superbook, Wild and Wacky, Totally True Bible Stories with Frank Peretti, as well as numerous nonfiction and fiction books, including the Carol-Award-winning novelization of her screenplay for Never the Bride with Rene Gutteridge (B&H/Random House Publishing). McKay’s most recent writings include a feature film screenplay adaptation and an eight-episode series for Pure Flix. She is originally from Boston and now lives with her husband in Atlanta, Georgia.
- M.A. in Communication, Cinema/Television/Theater, Regent University, 1995
- B.A. in Creative Arts, Theater, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, 1993
- Writers Guild of America (WGA) Member
- School of Visual and Performing Arts (College of the Arts)
- Department of Cinematic Arts
- Children's Writing
- Novelization Writing
- SCW 501 - Cinematic Arts and Culture
- SCW 611 - Adaptation for Film and Television
- CINE 375 - Writing 3: Screenwriting