Transition to a Helping Profession with APU’s Entry-Level Nursing Program
The Entry-Level Master’s in Nursing (ELM) program is a direct entry nursing program designed to provide graduate nursing education for those who hold baccalaureate or higher degrees in other disciplines. The program prepares students for entry into the field (NCLEX-RN licensure examination) and for advanced nursing practice.
- MSN graduates are eligible to apply to the state of California for certification as a clinical nurse specialist and/or as a nurse practitioner.
- Graduates are eligible for the California Registered Nurse License and Public Health Nursing Certificate.
- This direct entry nursing program is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the California Board of Registered Nursing (CBRN).
- MSN graduates with certain specializations may also apply for a national credential by examination through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC).
- Clinical experiences include hospital care services for diverse cultural/ethnic groups, the underserved, the poor, and the homeless.
- Students receive personalized attention in a supportive Christian environment from experienced faculty.
- Financial aid is available through scholarships and loans.
School of Nursing Accreditation
The baccalaureate degree in nursing, master’s degree in nursing, and Doctor of Nursing Practice at Azusa Pacific University are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education. The traditional baccalaureate nursing program, upper-division transfer (2+2/LVN to BSN) programs, entry-level master’s program, and the nurse practitioner program are approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Azusa Pacific University (APU) is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2023 edition named Azusa Pacific to its list of top national universities and several other significant lists, including First-Year Experiences and Top Performers on Social Mobility. The Princeton Review designated APU as 1 of 126 institutions in the “Best Western Colleges” section of its 2023 Best Colleges guide. APU’s School of Nursing was named a top nursing school in California for 2023 by College Factual and Niche. APU was included as a top-100 degree producer by Diverse: Issues In Higher Education and is a designated Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI). Azusa Pacific is also a Military Friendly School and Yellow Ribbon University, serving more than 500 military-connected students and families, and is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as an R2 Doctoral Research University.
Note: This information is current for the 2023-24 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.