Master’s in Conducting
The Master of Music in Conducting prepares musicians for professional careers in the specialized and competitive field of conducting. The degree requires a total of 36 units.
- Specialized track emphases in choral, orchestral, or wind conducting
- Varied conducting experiences from small to large ensembles
- Conducting seminars each semester covering topics like rehearsal techniques, performance practice, literature, contemporary topics, and more
- Small classes that facilitate greater student access to professors
- Freedom to integrate faith and musicianship
- Access to the greater Los Angeles area, which provides opportunities in many different venues, musical genres, and performance experiences
Learn how earning a master’s degree in music with a mentor-based approach can help you prepare for a future career in music.
Learn more about our faculty.
Azusa Pacific’s School of Music programs have been recognized among the nation’s Top 30 Master’s in Music Programs by Best Value Schools and 10 Best Music Schools in California by Music School Central.
School of Music Accreditation
A degree from Azusa Pacific University is respected and recognized internationally, and accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM). The university is regionally accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2023 edition named Azusa Pacific to its list of top national universities and several other significant lists, including First-Year Experiences and Top Performers on Social Mobility. The Princeton Review designated APU as 1 of 126 institutions in the “Best Western Colleges” section of its 2023 Best Colleges guide. APU’s School of Nursing was named a top nursing school in California for 2023 by College Factual and Niche. APU was included as a top-100 degree producer by Diverse: Issues In Higher Education and is a designated Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI). Azusa Pacific is also a Military Friendly School and Yellow Ribbon University, serving more than 500 military-connected students and families, and is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as an R2 Doctoral Research University.
Note: This information is current for the 2022-23 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.