Maintenance Services is responsible for the maintenance of all buildings on East and West campuses and all campus living areas, as well as vicinity properties, including off-campus university offices, warehousing, and Glendora Bakery.
The mission of Maintenance Services is to honor God by providing students, faculty, staff, administration, and guests with well-maintained buildings and grounds. This is accomplished by highly qualified, dedicated, and professional staff, and leaders through excellent communication, superb teamwork, outstanding customer service, staying current with industry trends, and effective stewardship of university resources.
“Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men, since you know you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward.”
Maintenance Work Defined
Maintenance Services covers 1.6 million sq. ft. of building space with two work shifts, 7–1:30 a.m., with 24-hour on-call availability for emergencies.
Maintenance Services is committed to supporting the faculty, staff, and students of APU. To this end, those of us at Maintenance Services must also carefully balance the resources entrusted to us and the needs of the community. Following is a brief list of our strategic prioritization. Greater emphasis will be placed on maintenance-type requests.
Maintenance work requests:
- Work required to preserve or restore buildings and equipment to their original condition or to a condition in which they can be effectively used for their intended purpose
- Work necessary to maintain the original anticipated useful life of a fixed asset (A/C, stove, building and building systems, parking lots, etc.)
- Upkeep of property and building equipment
- Major projects that extend the life of an asset
- Major replacements of equipment or building components
Non maintenance work requests: 1
- New equipment/furniture installations
- Aesthetic improvements at the request of the customer
- Any project completed for the sole reason that it provides for an economic improvement
- Compliance mitigation projects (ADA, OSHA, County Health, etc.)
- Energy conservation projects
- Upgrades (remodels, improvements) to buildings, offices, or infrastructure systems
Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Monday–Friday, 4 p.m.–1:30 a.m.
Note: All technicians are available for emergency situations; in case of an emergency, call the Department of Campus Safety..
For nonemergency work orders, visit home.apu.edu, sign in if you haven’t already, and follow these steps:
- In the main menu on the left, select Campus Work Order
- Select the appropriate campus
- Fill out and submit the form that appears
If this is an emergency, such as plumbing or electrical issues, gas smell, smoke, or fire, call the work order desk at (626) 812-3002, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
If you have any questions, contact Facilities Management.