The Department of Mathematics, Physics, and Statistics recognizes that what students learn outside of class can be just as important as what they learn in class.
- Math and physics fellows receive scholarships of $3,000 per year as they participate in special faith integration seminars and various tutoring and research opportunities.
- Aspiring teachers can develop their teaching skills as course teaching assistants, Math and Physics Center tutors, Supplemental Instruction leaders, Tutoring Center tutors, and volunteers in local secondary schools.
- Students preparing for graduate school should take advantage of research opportunities with faculty mentors.
- Students aiming to work in business, industry, or government should gain valuable experience and connections through an internship.
- All students should attend or present at local conferences and consider study away possibilities.
- Students who enjoy exercising their creative problem-solving skills should join APU’s team for the Putnam Competition.
Note: This information is current for the 2023-24 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.