Please note: All transfer courses submitted for credit are subject to approval by the Undergraduate Enrollment Services Center.

APU may accept transfer credit for courses from schools accredited by regional agencies recognized by the Council for Higher Education Administration (CHEA). Find out if your school’s accreditation is recognized by the CHEA.

APU may also accept a maximum of 24 units of non-General Education elective credit from a combination of schools accredited by national agencies and faith-related organizations:

  • Distance Education Accrediting Commission (DEAC)
  • Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS)
  • Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges (ACCSC)
  • Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE)
  • Association of Theological Schools (ATS)
  • Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS)

Please note:

  • All courses must be baccalaureate level and intended for transfer. Remedial courses and vocational/technical courses are not accepted.
  • The university can give credit for no more than 70 units of junior/community/two-year college work, and there is a maximum of 90 units that may be accepted from a four-year institution or combination of two- and four-year schools.
  • Only courses where a grade of C- or above is earned will be transferred for credit. However, some majors require a different minimum grade.
  • All quarter units will be converted to semester units. APU grants two semester units credit for every three quarter units.
  • No Transfer Inquiry is needed for courses that are included on an Articulation Agreement with APU.

Student Help Center