Become a university destination of choice for a diverse body of students, faculty, and staff, reflecting inclusive academic excellence.
“I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.”
A comprehensive, integrated, equity-minded approach to student thriving and talent development requires a whole-campus collaborative effort. On a flourishing campus, administrators respond to the needs of students, faculty, and staff, and are transparent in their decision-making. Staff are committed to providing excellent service to students and colleagues. Faculty believe that all students admitted to the institution can excel in and out of the classroom, and advocate for settings that support their learning and growth. On a thriving campus, there is no significant disparity in student success outcomes or sense of community, and graduation rates across race/ethnicity, gender, generation status, household income, campus location, or residence reflect equity.
Improvements to infrastructure and organizational culture promote a workplace where faculty, staff, and students flourish. Along with facilities, faculty and staff engagement also heavily influence organizational performance, impacting recruitment and retention of productive employees. Employees must feel valued and cared for, have clear pathways for professional growth and development, and benefit from managers with clear communication and training. APU will work to enhance the recruitment and retention of an engaged workforce.
- Christ-centered learning community with inclusive pedagogy and practices
- Rigorous academic experiences characterized by trustworthy practices supported by research
- Excellent completion rates and thriving across all programs and among all students
- Clear and consistent pathways for salary growth, career advancement, and professional development
- Enhanced learning environment through revitalized campus facilities and stewardship of place