Overseeing Academic Change Processes
Employing decision-making processes that are strategic and innovative is a key part of APU’s academic vision. The purpose of the Office of Curricular Support (OCS) is to support academic decision-making processes related to new initiatives and programs, the revision of curriculum, and accreditation.
OCS is charged with oversight and management of the processes for implementing new academic initiatives, programs, and courses at APU, and helps academic schools, colleges, and departments with the effective implementation, revisions, and updates of initiatives and curriculum to ensure that APU meets or exceeds accreditation standards. OCS is committed to collaborating with other academic, cocurricular, and operations departments to ensure that the implementation of new initiatives and programs is coordinated and consistently communicated to the APU community.
- Ensure that schools/colleges/departments maintain the highest standards for the design, delivery, and evaluation of new initiatives, programs, and courses, and changes to the current curriculum.
- Maintain a centralized curriculum management system to facilitate curriculum management, educational effectiveness, and implementation of new initiatives, programs, and courses.
- Maintain a centralized catalog management system to ensure an up-to-date, accurate, and integrated system for communicating and delivering the APU undergraduate and graduate catalogs.
- Provide administrative support to the Academic Cabinet and the Undergraduate Studies, Professional Studies, Master’s Studies, Doctoral Studies, and General Education councils for review and approval of new and revised initiatives, programs, and courses.
- Report regularly to academic, cocurricular, and operations constituents on campus, and to accrediting agencies (as appropriate), the status of initiatives, programs, and courses.
- Oversee all accreditation processes for APU to the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) .
- Maintain all accreditation records and serve as a resource for all schools/colleges/departments undergoing accreditation processes.