James Hedges, Ph.D.
Professor Emeritus, Department of English
Jim Hedges, Ph.D., spent more than 30 years at Azusa Pacific University. Hedges taught some 20 courses in English, communication, and journalism; advised the student newspaper for five years; and developed the children’s literature course and taught it to hundreds of students training to be teachers. Ongoing research includes work being done at the Huntington Library on a novel on Shakespeare’s England and the cathedral schools, and a series of essays on reading some of the “great” poems often assigned in literature courses in high school and college.
- Ph.D., English, University of California, Riverside
- M.A., English, University of Washington
- B.A., English, Seattle Pacific College
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Department of English
- Children’s Literature
- Harry Potter and the Christian Reaction
- Katherine Paterson
- Teaching Values Through Literature
- ENGL 377 – Shakespeare
- ENGL 434 – Children's Literature
- ENGL 488 – Significant Authors