New Scholarship Available!
New students who are starting in spring 2024 and were impacted by COVID-19 are eligible to receive up to $1,000 toward tuition.
Study Alcohol and Drug Counseling at Azusa Pacific University
Gain an understanding of traditional and contemporary criminal justice theories, along with the major components of the criminal justice system (police, courts, corrections) and how they respond to crime, criminals, and victims.
Program at a Glance
The School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences equips students for compassionate leadership in fields like physical therapy, social work, and psychology, guided by experienced faculty and hands-on learning.
Gain Hands-on Experience
- Demonstrate understanding of criminology theories.
- Critique how major components of the justice system respond to crime, criminals, and victims.
- Employ data and methods of social science research to respond to contemporary criminal justice systems.
- Illustrate ways in which social inequalities are linked to criminal justice systems.
- Demonstrate a Christian worldview in recognizing, understanding, and applying ethical reasoning skills.
By the Numbers
Student Portraits: Evelyn Gonzalez '19, Criminal Justice
Evelyn Gonzalez ’19 was inspired to make a change for future generations after learning about the school-to-prison pipeline in her introductory course to criminal justice.
Browse the tabs below—if you have questions, visit the Student Services Center page, and we’ll make sure you get the info you need.
This program can be taken only in conjunction with one of APU’s bachelor’s completion programs.
To view specific requirements and coursework information, visit the current academic
Azusa Pacific University is accredited by the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC).
Career Outlook and Outcomes
Criminal Justice Major: Integrating Christian Faith into Your Studies
APU gives you a unique opportunity to integrate your faith into the criminal justice major, where you’ll explore some of society’s most pressing challenges.