Auditions and Scholarships
The APU College of the Arts offers scholarships to undergraduate music majors. All students wishing to be considered for scholarship must audition.
The College of the Arts Music Scholarship (music majors only) is a generous, talent-based scholarship program renewable up to eight semesters while completing an undergraduate music degree within the APU School of Music. Based on an incoming student’s audition(s), the scholarship committee will evaluate the student’s overall talent and potential contribution to the School of Music, and award scholarships accordingly.
How to Schedule Your Audition and Apply for a Scholarship
- Complete your APU Undergraduate Application
- Select your music major (if applicable)
- When prompted, complete your scholarship application via SlideRoom
- If eligible, complete your FAFSA (does not apply to international students)
- The APU School of Music will email you to schedule your audition or collect your video audition submission
- Complete your audition
Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis, so students are encouraged to audition as soon as possible for best consideration.
Fall 2022 Applicants
February 15, 2022, is the priority deadline for the Fall 2022 Music Undergraduate Auditions. Students must complete their APU Undergraduate Application, their SlideRoom scholarship application, and their audition to be considered for a Music Talent Scholarship.
Spring 2023 Applicants
December 1, 2022, is the priority deadline for the Spring 2023 Music Undergraduate Auditions. Students must complete their APU Undergraduate Application, their SlideRoom scholarship application, and their audition by the deadline to ensure consideration.
Students are encouraged to audition in person, but for those unable to visit campus and audition in person, a video audition may be submitted. Once a student has completed their APU application and SlideRoom application, the School of Music will contact them to schedule their in-person audition or collect their video audition.
Spring 2022 Audition Dates
- February 4, 2022
- February 11, 2022
- March 4, 2022
- March 25, 2022
Plan a Visit
Applicants are encouraged to visit a class or meet with one of our professors. Just fill out a COTA Visitation Form to visit us and explore our programs further. We look forward to meeting you!
Undergraduate Audition and Interview Requirements
Students may need to audition or interview in more than one category to ensure the best possible assessment.
- Voice Audition (Classical)
- Voice Audition (Commercial)
- Drum Set Audition
- Percussion Audition
- Bass Audition (Commercial)
- Guitar Audition (Classical)
- Guitar Audition (Commercial)
- Piano Audition (Classical)
- Piano Audition (Commercial)
- Strings and Harp Audition
- Woodwinds and Brass Audition
- Commercial Music Interview
- Composition and Arranging Interview
- Music and Worship Interview
- Music Education Interview
Graduate and Artist Certificate Programs
Auditions for the APU School of Music graduate programs and Artist Certificate program are dependent on the program you wish to pursue.
Note: This information is current for the 2021-22 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.