BA Admission, Auditions, and Scholarships
How to Apply
- Complete your APU Undergraduate Application
- Select Theater: Theater Arts, BA as your major
- When prompted, complete your BA Theater Arts Scholarship Application
- If eligible, complete your FAFSA (does not apply to international students)
Students do not need to audition for the theater arts major, as this is not an acting degree. Students who are primarily interested in acting should apply to our BFA in Acting for the Stage and Screen program.
Fall 2024 Applicants
February 15, 2024, is the priority deadline for the Fall 2024 BA Theater Arts Scholarship Application. Students must complete their APU Undergraduate Application and their scholarship application form by the deadline to ensure scholarship consideration. This program is also admitting students for the spring 2024 semester, but spring applicants may not apply for the theater arts scholarship; they will instead be considered for the APU Grant as eligible.
This program is also admitting students for the spring 2024 semester, but spring applicants may not apply for the theater arts scholarship; they will instead be considered for the APU Grant as eligible.
Plan a Visit
APU Theater Arts in-person Campus Tours includes an exclusive Theater Arts tour, reception with faculty, lunch with Theater students, and an audit of a class. Parents and students are able to find out more about APU Theater Arts. The sessions will be hosted by a member of our admissions team, who will introduce you to our unique program. We look forward to meeting you!
In-person Campus Tours Fall 2023 Dates:
- October 20th
- November 10th
Theater Arts Immersive Day
February 23, 2024, spend the day with Theater Arts faculty and students. Join us for a University tour, department tour, academic connect with faculty, audit a class, lunch with theater students and see a production.Immersive Day RSVP Form
Theater Arts Virtual Connect
We invite you to get to know Azusa Pacific University Theater Arts faculty and programs by registering for a Zoom Information Session as well as a Q&A with Theater student ambassadors.
Virtual Theater Arts Q&As Fall 2023 Dates:
- October 27th at 4pm (PST)
- November 17th at 4pm (PST)
Virtual Theater Arts Q&As Spring 2024 Dates:
- January 26th at 4pm (PST)
- March 1st at 4pm (PST)
BA in Theater Arts Scholarship Application Requirements
- APU Undergraduate Application
- Fall 2024 BA in Theater Arts Scholarship Application Form, including one of the following creative work samples:
- One-Act or Full-Length Original Play or Adaptation
- Critical Essay on an aspect of theatrical history, literature, or production (five pages)
- Design Portfolio (photos accepted)
- Directing (video sample accepted)
Declaring Your Major
Students may declare a major in theater arts once they are admitted to APU.
General Undergraduate Admission Requirements
Select an option below:
Note: This information is current for the 2023-24 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.