July Alumni Residency
The Master of Fine Arts in Visual Art Alumni Residency is a competitive program that brings one MFA alumnus each year back to APU to lead current MFA students while residing on campus during the July residency. This individual will offer critiques and workshops to students, host trips to gallery and museum settings around L.A., lead Wednesday lunch discussions, give an artist talk, and assist with various programming aspects of the MFA residency.
Candidates for this residency are Azusa Pacific MFA alumni with strong exhibition records who can demonstrate leadership and self-initiation skills. APU covers housing and studio space for the selected resident. Travel, food (other than the residency meals provided), and any other associated costs will be the responsibility of the resident.
- Continue to build your résumé through the teaching and leadership opportunities this residency affords.
- Expand your portfolio through the studio work completed while in residence.
- Maintain relationships and initiate new ones within the L.A. art world by connecting with visiting lecturers and coordinating studio visits.
To apply, submit the following application materials by May 1, 2017:
- Curriculum vitae or résumé
- Portfolio: 10 digital images saved on a disc or USB drive
- Residency proposal: A brief essay describing what you would focus on during the residency and ideas for engaging with the program
Mail application materials to:
MFA Alumni Residency, Department of Art
Azusa Pacific University
901 E. Alosta Ave.
Azusa, CA 91702
Note: This information is current for the 2023-24 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.