Frequently Asked Questions

How many units can I transfer?

The university can give credit for no more than 70 units of coursework from a two-year or junior college and 90 units from a four-year institution, or 90 units from a combination of two- and four-year schools. Students must complete 16 of their final 24 units at APU.

Where do I send my transcripts?

Prospective APU students (applicants) should submit their transcripts to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

Current APU students should submit their transcripts to the Student Services Center.

How can I find out whether a course from a certain college transfers to APU, or whether it fulfills General Education or major/minor requirements?

Your best resource is to create an account on Transferology to show the most up to date transfer agreements. You can also look at our Transfer Plans and Articulation Agreements. These can include General Education requirements as well as major and minor requirements. For more information, visit Transfer Courses to APU.

How do quarter units convert to semester units?

All quarter units will be converted to semester units. APU grants two semester units for every three quarter units.

I’m thinking about taking a course this summer at a college near my home. What do I do?

If you are a prospective student (applicant), contact your admissions representative for more information about transferring courses to APU.

If you are a current APU student, follow the steps outlined on Transfer Courses to APU.

What is articulation?

When the word “articulation” is used in education, it often has different meanings and connotations depending on the setting. Articulation, for our purposes, refers specifically to course articulation—that is, the process of developing a formal, written agreement that identifies a course (or sequences of courses) on a “sending” campus that are comparable to, or acceptable in lieu of, specific course requirements at a “receiving” campus.

Successful completion of an articulated course assures the student and the faculty that the student has taken the appropriate course, received the necessary instruction and preparation, and that similar outcomes can be assured, enabling progression to the next level of instruction at the receiving institution (Source: Handbook for California Articulation Policies & Procedures).

Can I get credit for college courses taken while attending high school?

Yes, you can, provided the school or program through which that course is offered is a regionally accredited institution. APU must receive an official transcript, including your grades for the courses you wish to transfer, from that college or university. APU will only accept courses where a grade of C- or higher was earned.

Do you have financial aid or scholarships for transfer students?

Yes! APU offers academic scholarships and other financial aid opportunities to help make your college degree more affordable.

Student Help Center

Full Menu