Army ROTC scholarships are available to both graduating high school students and current college students. Awarded based on merit and not financial need, scholarship opportunities include:
- Two-, three-, or four-year options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
- Full-tuition scholarships
- $4,500 room-and-board scholarships provided by APU for cadets on ROTC tuition scholarships
- Additional allowances for books and fees
Funding Your Education with ROTC
If you need help understanding how to navigate ROTC scholarships and educational benefits, visit Funding Your Education with ROTC, a helpful guide that outlines scholarships, educational benefits, and service commitments of collegiate ROTC programs.
Tuition Assistance and Housing and Meal Benefits
APU offers additional support for Army ROTC scholarship recipients in covering on-campus housing and meal plans. For information regarding tuition assistance or housing and meal benefits for ROTC students, refer to the current university catalog and contact the Undergraduate Enrollment Services Center.
Army ROTC scholarships also provide monthly living allowances for each school year. All cadets, regardless of level, will receive $420 per month. This allowance is available to all contracted cadets, including those contracted without a scholarship.
Receiving Scholarship Funds
If you join the ROTC program and are awarded a scholarship, you will work with Military and Veteran Education Benefits to obtain the tuition funding provided by your ROTC Scholarship.
- Work with your cadre to create an ArmyIgnitED account.
- Submit the MVEB Application, which explains the regulations and procedures students must follow while using benefits.
- Enter your course and tuition information into ArmyIgnitED. Note that you must complete this step every semester.
- After the add/drop deadline, APU will certify your enrollment so you can receive the funding you are entitled to.