All F-1 and J-1 international students must follow U.S. immigration regulations in order to maintain their international student status. Below are the key student responsibilities:
- Maintain a valid, accurate I-20, DS2019 (J1 Visa)
- Maintain a valid passport
- Maintain full-time enrollment each semester
- Report any change of address to ISS within 10 days of moving
- Be mindful of program end date
- Do not work off campus without authorization
- File tax forms each spring
- Get an I-20 travel signature before travelling outside the U.S.
Workshops/Seminars (Fridays, 2-4 p.m.)
- Employment/Practical Training Workshop (third week of January and September)
- Immigration Seminar (February and October)
- Tax Workshop (March)
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security: Study in the States
- Social Security Administration: International Students and Social Security Numbers
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.