The University Counseling Center accepts applications in January for the upcoming academic year.
All applicants must be currently enrolled in a clinical psychology PhD or PsyD program, and must receive approval from their school’s director of clinical training before applying.
To be considered for the Practicum Program, applicants should:
- Demonstrate a strong interest in providing clinical services and outreach to APU’s student body.
- Have completed at least two years of doctoral level coursework.
- Have excellent clinical, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Have a strong interest in exploring faith integration/spirituality with clients.
- Have previous clinical experience working with older adolescents/young adults.
Candidates who do not meet these requirements but have significant additional experience may still be considered.
The contract commitment consists of one academic year (late August to May), 16 hours per week, which equals approximately 600 total hours. Students are encouraged to spend two full days per week at the UCC, with Friday being a required day. Practicum students are also required to attend UCC orientation, which begins in late August.
How to Apply
All applicants must submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae, and two letters of recommendation, as well as agree with and sign APU’s Statement of Faith (MS Word). Applicants must read and abide by APU's beliefs and values outlined in What We Believe (PDF). An in-person interview will be required of all final candidates.
Email applications to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Grace Kim, PhD
University Counseling Center
- Phone: (626) 815-2109 or (626) 815-2104