Ismael Lopez Medel, PhD
Associate Professor, Department of Communication Studies
Phone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 3372
Office Location: Rose Garden, #21
Born in Madrid, Spain, with a BA in Advertising and Public Relations and a PhD in Visual Communication, Ismael Lopez Medel specializes in the fields of communication, advertising, and public relations. After developing a career as a freelance design consultant, he joined Madrid’s largest private University (CEU San Pablo), where he served both as a professor and on the top management level of the School of Communication, including associate dean of the school. He has taught at Syracuse University at their Madrid Campus as well as in a number of institutions in Spain and Europe, both lecturing and organizing programs in undergraduate and graduate levels. Lopez Medel joined Azusa Pacific University in 2015 to teach and develop courses in public relations, and to produce research in the fields of advertising, public relations, cultural communication, and visual media.
- PhD, Communication, Universidad CEU San Pablo, Madrid
- MS, Electronic Publishing, City University, London
- BA, Advertising and Public Relations, Universidad Antonio de Nebrija, Madrid
- Olympic Games and the Media. Online certificate (University of Barcelona, Spain)
- Learning Styles Specialist. Postgraduate program (UNED, Madrid, Spain)
- Department of Communication Studies
- JOUR 250 - Public Relations
- JOUR 315 - Multimedia Publishing and Design
- JOUR 335 - Journalism Research Methods
- JOUR 495 - Special Topics
Tuesday and Thursday 9:30-11:00 a.m.