APU has 13 professional accreditations (PDF), which are listed below:
- The School of Business and Management is accredited by the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE).
- The School of Music programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music (NASM).
- The School of Nursing programs are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) and the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN).
- Azusa Pacific Seminary programs are accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS).
- The Art and Design programs are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD).
- The Doctor of Physical Therapy program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE).
- The Doctor of Psychology program is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA).
- The School Psychology program is accredited by the National Association of School Psychologists (NASP).
- The Social Work programs are accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
- The Teacher Education programs are accredited by the Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) and the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), which is transitioning to the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Azusa Pacific University is approved for the training of veterans under the Veterans’ Bill of Rights. The university is listed with the United States Department of Justice for training of students from foreign countries.
Institutional membership and accreditation documents are available in the Office of the Provost.
The transferability of credits earned at Azusa Pacific University is at the discretion of the receiving college, university, or other educational institution. Students considering transferring to any institution should not assume that credits earned in any program of study at Azusa Pacific University will be accepted by the receiving institution. Similarly, the ability of a degree, certificate, diploma, or other academic credential earned at Azusa Pacific University to satisfy an admission requirement of another institution is at the discretion of the receiving institution. Accreditation does not guarantee credentials or credits earned at Azusa Pacific University will be accepted by or transferred to another institution. To minimize the risk of having to repeat coursework, students should contact the receiving institution in advance for evaluation and determination of transferability of credits and/or acceptability of degrees, diplomas, or certificates earned.
Azusa Pacific University secured a place in the most prestigious category of U.S. News & World Report’s America’s Best Colleges 2019 rankings, and also ranked No. 22 for First-Year Experience, No. 23 in Service Learning, and No. 31 in Campus Ethnic Diversity. In addition, Forbes and The Princeton Review included Azusa Pacific in their America’s Top Colleges 2019 and 2020 Best Western Colleges rankings, respectively. Azusa Pacific is also a military-friendly Yellow Ribbon University, serving more than 500 military-connected students and families, and is classified by the Carnegie Foundation as an R2 Doctoral Research University.